Stone Soup Corvallis, Inc.
Food Service Manager
Position Title: Food Service Manager
Responsible to: Board of Directors, Stone Soup Corvallis, Inc.
Hours: 30 per week until kitchens are opened; 20 per week following openings
Compensation: $20-25/hour; 2 weeks vacation; 2 weeks sick leave (both prorated)
Summary of Position: The Stone Soup Food Service Manager will coordinate and collaborate with volunteer staff to safely prepare and serve scheduled free meals to the hungry of the Corvallis community.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
Prior to reopening kitchen(s):
- Identify and document safe COVID-19 procedures for kitchens, volunteer staff, and meal guests per Oregon Health Authority (OHA) / Benton County Health Department (BCHD) Guidelines.
- Collaborate with current and returning volunteers, lead cooks, and the volunteer coordinator to assure to assure adequate and appropriate staffing for every meal/shift before opening.
- Determine whether and how our present kitchens can prepare and serve meals for any temporary meal-serving sites.
- Safely reopen Stone Soup kitchens in a coordinated fashion, missing no scheduled daily meals.
- Monitor food safety and COVID-19 safety procedures and PPE (personal protective equipment) per OHA/BCHD guidelines assuring they are followed in all kitchens and food serving sites.
- Monitor and assure compliance with Linn Benton Food Share (LBFS)/OHA/BCHD requirements including confidentiality, civil rights, food handling, and safety.
- Coordinate food ordering, usage, and availability in the kitchens which may include transporting food from one kitchen food pantry to another.
- Track food usage and usable leftovers, and coordinate freezer and cooler space utilization in conjunction with lead cooks.
- Monitor and track number of meals served and volunteer hours for reporting and grant purposes.
- Meet regularly with lead cooks.
- Report problems, needs, concerns, issues and celebrations to the Board and meet with Board if requested.
- Provide orientation and training as needed for new volunteers in lead roles.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with managing and recruiting volunteers within a non-profit organization.
- Effective communicator with strong conflict-resolution skills.
- Experience managing quantity food service (prep and serving) including ordering of supplies and managing inventory.
- Current Food Handler Card (Benton County / State of Oregon) and has (or is willing to complete) “ServSafe” training.
- Ability to understand and honor the dignity and diversity of our meal guests and volunteers.
- Familiarity with Stone Soup Corvallis, Inc. and its mission to feed the hungry.
- Familiarity with Oregon Food Bank requirements including confidentiality, civil rights, food handling and safety.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, email, Zoom)
- All offers for employment are contingent on a satisfactory background check.
To apply: By 9/22/20 email a letter of application including a work/experience resume and contact information for at least three references to – email@example.com